What is dental monitoring?
Dental monitoring is the latest in orthodontic technology which is making it easier for patients to enjoy the benefits of Invisalign treatment. Dental monitoring is an app on your smart phone which enables you to take photos of your teeth to then send to us at the practice. We can monitor the movement of your teeth and the fit of your aligners simply by looking at these photos and lining them up with your treatment plan. If your teeth are moving as they should be, there is no need for you to come in for an appointment!
Who can use dental monitoring?
At Fresh Smiles Orthodontics in Geelong, we offer dental monitoring to all of our Invisalign and Invisalign Teen patients. We see you at your initial appointment to get you started on your Invisalign journey and show you how to use the dental monitoring app. Once you understand how to use the app, we send you on your way and you just need to keep us updated with a selfie when the app requests one.
What are the benefits of dental monitoring?
We are very excited to be able to share this new technology with our patients at Fresh Smiles Orthodontics and we feel that once our patients start their Invisalign journey along with their dental monitoring journey, they will feel the same.
Some of the reasons we love dental monitoring and why we know you will too are:
- Dental monitoring makes it easier to fit orthodontic treatment into your schedule as fewer appointments are required.
- Once you get the hang of the app, it is simple to use.
- With regular monitoring, the app insures that you are tracking on time with your treatment so we can achieve the smile you deserve.
- You can stay in contact with us all the time! With dental monitoring you are able to send us a message through the app, so whenever you have any concerns, you just need to send us a message via the app!
- We find that dental monitoring is a great way to ensure our teen patients are on track with their Invisalign Teen treatment. With having to take frequent selfies we can make sure your teen is wearing their aligners as they should be.