Hand hygiene and handling your Aligners and Retainers
Hand hygiene is a simple everyday task that we all do daily, but are we washing our hands correctly and often enough?
We are currently experiencing some big changes in the World regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and it has come to light that the simple task of washing our hands is sometimes not a priority to all.
We have some helpful tips to make sure you are doing your part to help flatten the spread of bacteria’s and virus’s and also to keep your health a priority.
Handwashing tips using soap;
- Wet hands with water first, before applying soap.
- Rub hands palm to palm, the back of your hands and between your fingers, including cleaning your thumbs.
- Clean your wrists also and rinse with water.
- Dry hands using a one-use handtowel.
- This process should take around 30 seconds.
Handwashing tips using hand sanitiser;
- Apply sanitiser in the palm of a cupped hand.
- Rub hands palm to palm, spreading the sanitiser over the hands.
- Clean between fingers, including thumbs.
- Rub wrists and wait for hands to dry, no towel required.
- This process should take between 15-30 seconds.
Safe hygiene with Aligners and retainers;
- Wash hands or use hand sanitiser before you take your Aligners out and before placing them in.
- You can also use some helpful ‘outie’ tools to remove your Aligners limiting the use of your fingers. These can be purchased at both our Belmont and Newtown practices. Other useful items you could use are such things as guitar picks, crochet needles and teaspoons! (Obviously keeping them solely dedicated to your mouth!)
- Always place your Aligners in a case when not in use. You should also wash your case daily.
- Use EverSmile WhiteFoam daily to clean your Aligners and Retainers. This will keep them fresh and helps kill bacteria.